COUNCIL OF AFRICAN AMERICAN PARENTS (CAAP)
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROGRAM
Serving the San Gabriel Valley, Pomona Valley, and Inland Empire
Successful candidates must be African American, a graduating senior, possess a minimum GPA of 2.0. He or she must exemplify CAAP’s educational, social and cultural values through participation and/or achievement in related activities. Candidates must be planning to further his or her education, training and development at an accredited institution of higher learning, including community college, vocational or trade school, college, or university.
- Applicant must submit a completed application form and ALL requested information by: Friday, April 17, 2015 (postmarked)
- The following must be enclosed with the application (*except item #6, which is due by December 31, 2015).
- Sealed Official High School Transcript verifying cumulative GPA.
- Two recommendations from a teacher, guidance counselor or other school administrator identifying positive student qualities, and contributions to the school. Areas may include leadership, extracurricular activities and community service.
- Proof of acceptance to a college, university, community college, vocational or trade school.
- A personal reference or a recommendation from a church or community service organization describing your contributions.
- A two-page essay, typed, double-spaced, addressing the following:
How achieving your goals will help prepare you for the future;
How your education will be used to improve your community and society.
- ** Must submit Proof of Registration to college, university, community college, vocational or trade school, which may include (but not limited to) a copy of:
- Course enrollment list (that shows student name and school identification) OR
- Letter from Registrar’s office indicating that student is enrolled on a full-time basis at the college or university, OR
- Grade report or Transcript.
- ** Proof of Registration must be mailed to the CAAP address.
- Applications and additional requested information must be post marked by:
Friday, April 17, 2015 (postmarked) and mailed to:
The Council of African American Parents
23441 Golden Springs Drive, #243
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Attention: Darla Higgins, Chairperson